03 April 2006

Japan Day

 
Aren't these kids too cute?! This weekend was Japan Day on base. Each year we have both Japan Day and American Day here in Misawa. On Japan Day, our local neighbors come on to base and fill our high school with various exhibits, arts and crafts native to this area. These little drummers started the day off. They were great. Brock and Grace enjoyed them. There were also grown up drummers, dancers and fighting exhibits. There were classrooms with Japanese pottery, kite making, kimono wearing, swords and armor and everything else you could think of. We spent a couple of hours on Saturday morning checking it out.

In June we will have America Day somewhere in town. I know that Brock will march with the Boy Scouts in a parade. I am not sure what else they have planned....

More snow this Monday morning. Cold and rainy/snowy this afternoon. Gracie describes the rain/snow mix as the weather when the "snow and rain get married." (I personally hope they get divorced soon!)

Have a great week,

4Vs Posted by Picasa

No comments: