In mid-November, Tinker AFB scheduled a family turkey trot on the jogging trails here on base. We signed the 4Vs up and were happy to head out to the run on a beautiful Saturday morning. The adult route was right at three miles and the kids route was 1.5 miles. Since we couldn't just send the kids out on their own, we all ran the 1.5 miles together.
There weren't that many people at the race and not many kids at all. As a result, I am proud to report that Brock came in third for Boys under 18 and Grace came in 6th in Kids overall. Brock got a medal, a little watch and a $10 gift certificate. He was thrilled. Both his name and Grace's name were listed in the base paper. Grace was beyond excited to see her name in the paper!
On Thanksgiving Day, Brock and Mary Beth met Elizabeth in downtown Dallas to run the YMCA Turkey Trot. There, with about 30,000 strangers, we jogged a three mile route thru downtown. The weather was perfect! There were dogs and kids and old people and folks in costume everywhere. We had a great time!
Here are some of my favorite hats! This one was a very pretty turkey :)
This lady was with a family of folks wearing cooked turkeys on their heads. Sadly, I could only get her to stop!
We had a great time! As far as results for this race go, I can't be sure, but I believe that Brock came in 19, 872 nd place, Elizabeth was 19,873 rd and I finished us up at 19,874 th. What athletes!
Love,
4Vs

2 comments:
Looks like Brock has come along way when it comes to running! We're proud to see his success =>
Way to go 4V's!
I'm telling you we were much farther ahead than that. I think we were in the 17000. Not that it matters, nobody cares after the first 15,000 anyway. sigh.
Post a Comment