06 December 2007

Oklahoma Trail Mix

One of the things we love in Oklahoma City is the zoo. It is about the same size as the San Antonio zoo and Mike got the family a zoo membership this summer when we got here. It only takes about 10 minutes to get there from our house, so we like to go often. Sometimes we will just drive out there and walk around for an hour or so and then leave- the beauty of the family pass! We like to see the animals and people watching at the zoo is always fun as well.

Last month, I took our kids and our neighbor's two kids to the zoo on an afternoon when school was out. We enjoyed strolling and chatting and visiting with the animals.

Zoos are of course, a magnet for small kids and the stroller set. (Lord knows I took my stroller to the San Antonio zoo countless numbers of times!) Sometimes when you wander places where there are small kids you will come across a little trail of cheerios or goldfish that the kids like to snack on while they ride along in their strollers. Do you know what I am talking about?

Well at the zoo that afternoon, the kids and I came across a little trail of snacks. It was a trail of what we affectionately termed "Oklahoma Trail Mix". There was a small trail of a mix of cheeze its crackers, 'nilla wafers and (I am not making this up) one inch pieces of cooked bacon. Who eats something like this? There was a little trail of this stuff- like a small kid had dropped it while they were rolling along! The kids and I laughed and laughed over this :)

Yee hah!

Love,

4Vs
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's great! What an idea! Eric thinks we should cook up a batch...and send it to ya'll for Christmas.