26 May 2006

Mama-san Mobile

 
 
Lots and lots of Japanese folks in the area enjoy riding their bikes. Japanese bikes are pretty cool. Most of them have way better baskets than we have in the states. They also have a much better kickstand than we have.... Will have to send you pictures on this.

Of particular interest today is the mama-san bicycle. Most of the mama-sans in the neighborhood ride their bikes to work. They always wrap up their bike seats with plastic to keep them clean while they are not riding. My favorite accessory are the handlebar gloves. I am supposing they are used to keep your hands warm while you are riding. My neighbor's mama-san uses these industrial black glove things to keep her hands warm as she rides. For whatever reason, they make me smile each time I see them!

Love,

4Vs Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

itsjustme said...

hey mama san,
Why don't you have a bike? With big hand warmers I might add. You can bring it back and make all the neighbors think you are a weirdo. : )