Yesterday I made a trip to the local swan lake with Angel and all the kids. I have to admit, since the bird flu scare, I have not been a fan of the swans, but I did not see them last year, so we went.
The swans are just arriving to the area. I have been told that they migrate here for the winter from Russia/Siberia. I am surprised that this would be the area where they would winter, but I guess it is a lot warmer than Siberia and they must not mind the snow. (Don't you know that if they knew about Okinawa, they would keep going and spend the winter lounging on the beach!)
The swans are not alone on swan lake. They have lots of company with ducks, herons and we also saw one lone sea gull. (He was trying to blend in!)

The birds swam around the lake to keep up with us and we fed them bread. There wasn't too much bird poop and we sanitized hands and shoes after the trip, so I felt okay with it... I know I might be the only person left worried about the bird flu, but I can't help myself!
Love,
4Vs


1 comment:
Beautiful , graceful picture. It's hard to believe that any one of them could carry such a horrendous disease. I'm glad you got to go- it seems like the beauty of it all was worth it. With the cleaning of the hands and shoes- sounds very precautious.
Thank you for sharing Swan Lake with us. sjv
Post a Comment