Each year it seems to get tougher for me to get pictures and such. He is getting big and too cool to have his mom hovering about. His good friend Grant is in his new third grade class. They are trying to look miserable about school starting, but I think they were excited.
I managed to get one shot of his class as they headed toward the building. The blond haired girl at the end is Emma. She is the closest thing Brock has to competition on the "Tallest Kid in the Grade". Emma is a sweet girl and is almost as tall as Brock. We like to tease him and tell him that she is taller. Brock says she just looks that way because of her poofy hair! I am glad she is in Brock's class. A nice girl who is probably glad to not be the tallest!
I am happy to report that Brock came home all excited about his new class. As luck would have it, according to Brock, he has the best teacher in third grade. Ms. Rzeznik has taught at Sollars Elementary for 18(!) years. She gave her students a calendar to keep up with their own assignments, she loves sports and has a Major League Baseball trashcan! She gets extra points for calling him Brock instead of "Michael" (he hates that!) and Brock is thrilled to be in her class. All of this is music to my ears! I get to meet her later on in the week at Open House. More picts to follow!
Gracie is enjoying her last week of summer and will start Kinder on Wednesday, September 6th. Lots of pictures of this to follow!
Much love,
4Vs
1 comment:
How tall is Big B now? Maegan's 5 feet. Brock's bound to have her beat. Glad the school routine is going smoothly. We still have 6 days of summer left! What a long summer for us!!!
Post a Comment